Sunday 3 June 2012

How It All Began!

                       All started with the CET!  Though after appearing for it I thought it ended all! Appearing for the toughest CET in a decade was horrible!  But fortunately I sailed through! Results were out, and with only 169 I thought I will end up in D.J.Sanghavi  ( making use of the Gujarati quota :P ). But hearing other people score less was comforting and increased my hopes of getting into a better college!
The only colleges I knew which had a name were,
1. VJTI
2. SP College
3. DJ Sanghavi
Surely didn't want admission in VJTI or DJ Sanghavi, So it was! 
Sardar Patel Institute Of Technology!


Heard about institutional round forms! 20% of the total seats are up for grabs!  Filled it up... Merit list was out. I was 27th on the list!
With only 12 seats on offer in the Computer stream and Computers being the most elite branch in SPIT, it seemed difficult to get a seat!
D-Day arrived and it was raining heavily! Every certificate, xerox, photos and demand draft was ready!  Mom and me caught a rick from Parle East, traffic and water logging didn't allow us to move any further than Andheri Station! That moment I realized, it is a herculean task to get  a rickshaw from Andheri station to Bhavans... Mid way to college, I met my friend who was in his car...So gave us a lift till college!
I reached SPIT! Saw it for the first time .. Nice Entrance, huge campus ...Everything a student would need!
We were told to assemble in room 101. Little I knew this would become my class for the next one year!
Numbers 1-30 were called in the conference room! One year gone and  that is the only time I have seen the conference room!
The process started after a small speech from the principal.
And then the drama started!
Ranks 1,2 and 3 all take computers! 9 seats left, 24 more people to go! I certainly lost all hopes of getting a seat! . I tried ways and means to convince people! I still remember Akshay and Rajvi also helping me to get a seat! We had met a few days before, that is a different story though! So the process continues with fewer computer seats going! A few absent people were like angels to me! They pushed my rank and chances of getting a seat a bit up! Now it was all equal....Not many computer seats going....EXTC IT and ETRX being equally distributed! It was three seats left at rank 22! The next takes computers! 2 seats rank 23..Heart beats increasing ...Prospects of getting a seat decreasing! The next one also takes computers! its rank 24 and just one seat is left!
But the next two people take I.T and EXTC and I am dancing with joy!
Principal calls for number 27....and she asks what do you want! I say "Computers". She announces last seat of computers left anyone before number 27 still wants it? There is no reply! I have Computers written on my application form!!! :D :D
And it ends a morning of drama...with me successfully getting a Computers seat!
Didn't bother about filling any forms later...
So here I am in S.P.I.T. and after a year I can say I would have never got into a better college!
SP rocks! :D 
Posted By: Unknown

How It All Began!

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

12 comments:

  1. JAFASTRAFAM!!!!! :D :D ;)
    This is called Destiny and Luck... Your Destiny to get into S.P.I.T. Comps and Our Luck to have you with us ;)
    Nice 1..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written! :)
    It reminded me of what a dream "SP Comps" was,
    and the rat race we ran before achieving this dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Extraordinary!!!! :D
    I never knew we were so lucky to have the phenomenal Kevin Desai we know. . .!! :)

    The time when you had heart beats must have been so difficult. . And so here you are. .!!

    Hope our remaining three years (just three :( ) turn better than ever !! :)
    They surely will. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abhilasha Mittal3 June 2012 at 13:48

    Awesommmeeeeeeee!!! loved d writing!! :D
    Reminds me of all d tension till we got into SP!!
    One year over...nd pata bhi nai chala...!!
    SP truly Rocksss!!! :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is insane! Something similar happened with me! :P
    Just that I had wanted I.T only, (no offense, and you should be thanking me, because it brought the legendary Darshan Savalia in Comps :P) and I got the 2nd last seat :P

    I know what it feels like, the heart beats going super fast!
    Anyways, nice one, head of volunteers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! Really nice to remember such days, when admission was eating our minds out.. Nice piece Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you were gonna get in anyway. all the other things happen to make your getting in memorable! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this feelings...dhak-dhak..dhak-dhak..dhak-dhak..dhak-dhak..dhak-dhak..dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-dhak-........bachgaye!!!
    lovely writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So what have you done if you didn't get that last seat? You must have tried different college? or different major?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have filled the CAP(Central Admission Process) rounds ka form!
      I must have surely got into SP through CAP rounds!

      Delete
  10. Hey, I also was the one to get the last comps seat in my batch.. I know exactly how it feels.. that heart rate when Prachi ma'am asks if there is anyone before your number who wants to take the last seat, Oh Dear Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mee to got d last seat of AIEEE quota!!!Luckyyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me!

About Us

Advertisment

Like Us

© Four Years-One Complete Life, Engineering@S.P.I.T. All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates